Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
Would providing someone a helping hand in troubled times make you feel proud? Aviva is looking for heroes to help people in their time of need! Do the words patience and caring describe part of your personality? At Aviva, the customer is at the heart of everything we do, if you know the difference between delivering good customer service and crafting a customer experience, we want you! Joining our team could be the best career you never expected – and open a world of possibilities.
The Developer works closely with the business analysts to implement rate programs and underwriting changes for all of the Aviva group of companies across Canada. This includes but is not limited to:
- Development of testing tools
- Rate page generation
- Ratabase formula logic
What You’ll Do
- Investigate moderate to complex system issues and propose solutions.
- Prepare professional specifications documents for system changes.
- Implement coding changes according to project or rate change program timelines.
- Build table updates and formula logic changes directly in Ratabase rating engine.
- Test all system changes prior to implementation to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Support automated test tools for rate changes and the creation of Rate pages
- Collaborate on projects and work with Operations & Technology and Enterprise Project Management Office as required.
What You’ll Bring
- 1 - 3 years' experience in Property & Casualty Insurance
- Prior systems/programming experience – Python or Java preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Expert knowledge MS Access and Excel.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical abilities
- Strong customer service focus
- College Degree in Computer System Technology, Computer Programming, Information Technology or other.
- Underwriting experience
- Knowledge of algorithmic rating
- Knowledge of industry tools and standard methodologies e.g. SDLC, use cases
- Prior experience working in a project environment
- Prior experience with SQL Queries
What You’ll Get
- Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
- Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
- We’ll support your professional development education.
Additional Information: Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.