Individually we are people, but together we are Aviva. Individually these are just words, but together they are our Values – Care, Commitment, Community, and Confidence.
We have an exciting and outstanding opportunity for a Technical Business Systems Analyst/Scrum Master. This is a dual role where, as the Scrum Master portion, you will be accountable for ensuring the team lives agile values and principles and follows the processes and practices that the team agreed they would use.Along with coordinating the analysis and development of a company's business operations, as the Technical Business System Analyst, you will have both business and technical expertise for analyzing requirements, estimating cost, and establishing system protocols, and updating SQL/XML schemas to ensure accurate reporting of Financial data and Regulatory Reporting.
If 2020 has shown us anything, it’s that insurance is ripe for disruption. There’s no better time to stake your claim in transforming an entire industry – and the way customers engage with our products and services – than now. As consumers increasingly expect more choices, we’re on a mission to make getting insurance simpler and cheaper.
As we look to invest over $100 million in redesigning the way we do business, it’s not lost on us that IT is at the heart of everything we do. That’s why ensuring we have the most advance technologies and that we keep bringing in the brightest and best tech talent, is of the utmost importance. Join a team that’s not only doing security patches and upgrades, but also looking at how we can be more streamlined. Delivering forward-thinking service. Supporting our people. All of which means you can expect fantastic exposure to lots of different teams. Exciting, diverse projects. And huge scope to use your creativity. Our products and services could be crafted by you.
Our remit is broad, spanning the highly technical to more project-focused work. You could be tackling business system change projects or infrastructure and architecture plans. Developing new technology. Or providing top-notch IT support to our customers.
Architects, Technical Leads, Delivery Leads, Project Managers, Scrum Masters, Software Engineers, Cloud Engineers, DevOps Engineers and Security Analysts are just some of the people who make technical things happen here. For all our roles, we look for creative and strategic thinkers. People who want to influence how our products and services develop, and who can help us keep our competitive edge. We’re global too. Passionate about digital innovation. So we’re always exploring new technologies – and new possibilities. This is an exciting, inventive and forward-thinking place to be. Ready to keep driving us forward?
What you’ll doThis role is accountable for financial and insurance data reporting from Underwriting and Claims Applications to Internal Financial Applications and External Regulatory Reporting bodies. The source data from the Underwriting and Claims Application databases are extracted, transformed / loaded into different formats, and pushed down to Analytical and Financial internal applications for internal KPI and G/L reporting and, pushed out to external Regulatory applications for processing and industry analysis.
Responsible in providing support teams for both Underwriting and Claims Applications reporting, to run triage and testing of data and financial issues, BAU defects and improvements.
The Technical Business System Analyst responsibilities and duties of this role are:
- Analyze how well software, hardware and the wider IT system fit the business needs of our partner and end-users
- Chair elaborations for gathering and writing business requirements for new system enhancements or fixes
- Help implement the enhancements or fixes and monitor their efficiency.
- Constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities; writing specifications.
- Provide references for users by writing and maintaining user documentation; providing help desk support; training users.
- Work to correct SQL/XML schema primary keys to ensure accurate reporting of Financial data and Regulatory reporting
Scrum Master responsibilities and duties are:
- Clearing obstacles, protecting the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
- Facilitating daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings.
- Possesses conflict resolution, does conversation by focusing on scrum values of openness, integrity and respect.
- Should be a friendly communicative and collaborative person, because when team is adapting quickly in Agile, communication is the effective force which holds the team together.
- Needs to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration, which is based on evidence and reliable source.
- Needs to be strong in estimation and planning. You know how to create useful, reliable and practical plans for software development projects.
- Should be a good coach in Agile practices. You can coach individuals and interactions over processes and tools.
- Team work - Help team or individuals to clarify goals and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to shield the team from outside distractions and interferences.
- Ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process.
- Ability to track and remove impediments.
- Facilitate the team for better creativity and improves the efficiency of the development team.
- Responsible for running the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team in Agile methodology.
- Responsible to remove the impediments for the scrum team.
- Coordinating daily stand-up meetings, facilitate meetings, schedule meetings, demo and decision-making processes in order to ensure quick inspection and proper use of adaptation process.
- Helps product owner to make the product backlogs in good shape and make them ready for the next sprint.
- Responsible to Conduct retrospective meetings.
- Organizes and facilitates the sprint planning meeting.
What you’ll bring
- Knowledge of agile methodology and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.
- Good skills to coach team how to follow agile scrum, which really works.
- Understand the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Solid understanding of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches, like: Kanban, Crystal, FDD, XP, etc.
- Knowledge about other methodologies other than Agile-Scrum, so that you can explain other methodologies to empower the team.
- Basic knowledge of software development processes and procedures to understand the team needs.
- Have the knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games.
- Ability to take and understand our commitment to deliver the product on time
- Know about the value of metrics and incremental delivery.
- Knowledge about tasks, backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Familiar with common development practices, Service oriented environments, and Agile practices.
- Ability to understand technical documents.
- Ability to apply knowledge in critical situations.
- Ability to address and resolve sophisticated issues
- Ability to read, write and update SQL/XML statements
- Ability to run automated schedules to create ETL loads
- Out of the box thinking.
- Working in teams.
- Basic programming knowledge
- Informatica development
- Informatica Powercenter
- BDM is an asset
Preferred:Experience in either and or the Insurance or financial services domain
IBC/GISA, Risk Sharing Pool/Facility Association, Quebec GAA Regulatory reporting Knowledge
What you’ll get
- Competitive rewards package including base compensation, eligibility for annual bonus, retirement savings, share plan, health benefits, personal wellness, and volunteer opportunities.
- Exceptional Career Development opportunities.
- We’ll support your professional development education.
Additional Information: Aviva Canada has an accommodation process in place to provide accommodations for employees with disabilities. If upon commencement of employment you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact your Talent Acquisition Partner so that an appropriate accommodation can be arranged. This process applies throughout your career with Aviva Canada.