Engineering positions will provide engineering support required to develop and manufacture airbags and their components for the automotive market. They may be available in Research and Development, Design, Manufacturing, Process Engineering, and/or Quality.
Successful applicants must have strong engineering and communication skills, be able to work with little supervision, have a good work ethic, be a team player, follow through on commitments, have design aptitude, be a visual thinker, be detail oriented, and have an ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
Autoliv is an equal opportunity employer and offers a competitive salary with a rich benefits package.
- Designs and plans layout for material-processing/manufacturing operations.
- Plans sequence of operations and specifies procedures for preparing materials.
- Exercising judgment in resolving conflicts between customer requirements.
- Economic evaluation of methods, and operator effectiveness and comfort.
- Conducts tests and measurements throughout the various stages of production to determine control over variables.
- Services, troubleshoots and solves production process/equipment problems.
- Establishes and submits processing requirements to be met in designing and acquiring processing equipment.
- Provides feedback/recommendations to leadership as appropriate.
- Develops, modifies, applies and maintains quality standards and protocol for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials/product.
- Collaborates with other engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
- Devises and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
- Designs or specifies inspection and testing mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine the responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
- Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is compliant with requirements.
- May specialize in the areas of design, incoming material, production control, product evaluation and reliability, inventory control and/or research and development as they apply to product or process quality.
- Requires knowledge of all customer-specific requirements.
- Have good listening skills. Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- Understanding of DOE and SPC concepts as it relates to process control.
- Must be competent in SolidWorks CAD software.
Experience in AutoCAD is a plus
Qualified candidates must currently be enrolled at an accredited university by spring working toward an engineering degree.