Abercrombie & Fitch Co. is a portfolio of lifestyle brands including Abercrombie & Fitch, abercrombie kids, Hollister, and Gilly Hicks. Reaching customers across 120+ countries, we strive to create customer-centric, omni-channel experiences for our global customer base. How do we do it? Every day, our associates show up and empower one another to stay curious and think big. As a team of relentless innovators, we aren’t afraid to dream boldly. We are accountable and aim to the highest caliber to understand, push boundaries and embrace change. We coach, mentor, care, and bring our best selves every day because we are in this together. Whether you lead yourself, a team, or the company, everyone is a leader at A&F.
Technical Designers translate flat sketches and trim sheets into physical garments by building detailed tech packs. They are responsible for creating detailed technical illustrations, editing paper patterns, and creating patterns from scratch when necessary. Our technical designers lead cross functional fit sessions and communicate with vendors and factories to bring our vision to life. They work closely with Apparel Designers, Merchants, and Sourcing Specialists to protect quality construction and fit for each product category.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Create and edit patterns to drive fit direction
- Build detailed tech packs
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure proper construction and fit through interactive fit sessions
- Create detailed technical illustrations & specifications using Adobe Creative Suite
- Work together with overseas vendors to manage the garment sampling process
- Communicate with factories to identify & resolve production issues
- Manage product cycle from sketch through pre-production samples and final bulk garments
Based out of our world headquarters in Columbus, OH the A&F Leadership Development Programs are highly competitive initiatives that offer immediate exposure to senior level management, as well as a carefully crafted balance between classroom sessions and hands-on experience. With a “promote from within” mentality in mind, these programs have been designed to shape top candidates into the future leaders of our company. The Leadership Development Programs feature an initial comprehensive training program up to six weeks long and continued career development through a custom curriculum.
The comprehensive orientation programs will include:
- Combination of classroom sessions and on-the-job training
- Relationship with a Mentor to guide learning in the new role
- Interactive presentations from a variety of senior leaders in the company
- Open and inclusive learning environment with fellow associates
- Integrated social activities to help transition to Columbus and the unique corporate culture at A&F
- Preparation to effectively manage a portion of the business in one of our critical areas at Home Office
First year compensation for the A&F Leadership Development Program in Technical Design starts at $52,000. Other benefits include $8,000 in placement and relocation bonuses, merchandise discounts at all of our brands, use of the A&F gym, industry-leading healthcare coverage, and company matching savings and retirement programs.
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Bachelor’s Degree in textile/fashion/apparel design or relevant degree
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Passion for the A&F brands and the role
- Detail-oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Career-driven, strong work ethic and high performance standards
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of garment construction and fitting skills
- Strong pattern making, draping and grading skills
- Ability to manipulate existing patterns
- A collaborative approach to working with cross-functional partners to achieve the vision of the brand
- A strong desire for adventure & curiosity
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, structured environment
- Desire to learn & hunger for more!
- A portfolio is required with application