Primary Location: Seville, Save this jobRemove Saved Job
Additional Location(s): Seville, Spain
About MAPBUReady to build? So are we. Come join VMware’s new Modern Applications Business Unit (MAPBU), made up of products and services under the Tanzu portfolio to help customers build, run and manage their most important applications.
VMware Tanzu is looking for a Software Engineer interested in joining the Bitnami Public Services R&D team, part of the Modern Applications Platform group. The Public Services takes care of the user facing services such as bitnami.com, the launchpads, etc. as well as the publishing of the Bitnami Catalog to the Cloud Marketplaces (Google, Azure, AWS, etc.)
The position involves working directly with engineering teams for cloud vendors from customers such as AWS, Google, Microsoft and VMware, and define and drive improvements to our current pipeline. We build software and solve problems collaboratively. Teammates are always accessible to lend a helping hand both remotely and in-person. Mentorship from senior engineering leadership is built into our process.
Interested? Here is what we look for in candidates:
- You are actively involved in team-wide discussions about software best practices.
- You identify issues, resolve bugs and write high-quality engineering documentation.
- You make sure that your code base is testable and tested.
- You enjoy building reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ability to dive into large codebases (especially those written in Ruby) and contribute as you learn.
- Ability to research problems (including making incremental progress when faced with technical ambiguity) and break them into discrete parts.
- Proficient knowledge of a back-end programming language (i.e. Ruby, NodeJS, Python, etc.) and code versioning tools.
- Experience in implementing robust set of services and APIs to power web applications.
- Ability to implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Fast learner, seeking constant self-improvement
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Entry Level
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-07-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law. Job ID: R2007595 Primary Location: Seville, Additional Location(s): Seville, Spain