Sales New York
DescriptionMitel is a global market leader in business communications, powering more than two billion business connections with our cloud, enterprise and next-gen collaboration applications.
With more than 70 million users in nearly 100 countries, Mitel is the only company that wakes up every day exclusively focused on helping customers take their communications from where they are today to where they expect them to be.
Overview:Mitel has current opening for an Account Manager for the Education sector covering the NYC region. As a market leader of comprehensive Unified Communications Solutions, Mitel has tremendous credibility in the Government and Education sector from which to build. This position has been created by the high touch selling model that Mitel leverages with its valued partner channel.
This Account Manager is responsible for business development, account penetration, and will follow strategic accounts through prospecting, proposal, contracting, and on-going client experience. This role will strategically leverage surrounding team as necessary to support successful positioning and building relationships. The Account Manager is assigned sales objectives to promote focus on the education vertical, quota, and expected to complete regular sales forecasting with accuracy, leverage Mitel’s sales automation tools and attend ongoing sales & certification training.
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline significant enough to assure ongoing sales success as outlined by objectives
- Develop working relationships with channel partners
- Exercise competency on how to leverage purchase contracts which Mitel operates with
- Manage assigned large strategic accounts within the Educational sector.
- Manage references across territory
- Capable of developing and presenting compelling value proposition to prospects
- Generate/manage leads from marketing by proper use of salesforce automation tools
- Serve customers through regular engagement which may include meetings, needs assessment and proposal development, executive-level meetings/contact and continual assessment of additional marketing and revenue-generating opportunities
- Work jointly with the Sales Engineering & Operations Support Teams in assuring customer satisfaction
- Must reside within 1.5 hours from NYC market
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 6+ years selling UC or SaaS, proven track record
- Knowledge or experience with Mitel, Nortel, Avaya, Cisco, Shoretel or NEC product is a plus
- Expertise solution selling into educational space
- Specific experience in the education vertical highly preferred
- Possess exceptional professionalism sales demeanor
- Advanced communication skills to be used in writing, presentations, general customer interactions, and with internal company management
- Experience in MS Office products required
- Knowledge and proficient in the use of SalesForce.com
For more information, visit www.mitel.com and follow us on Twitter @Mitel
Mitel provides equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, sex (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), parental status, age, religion or religious belief, creed, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military service, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal law, or local ordinance.
These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, demotions, transfers, compensation changes, training, career development programs, layoffs, and terminations.
The Affirmative Action Plan is available for viewing to any employee or applicant for employment upon request.