Meet our professionalsCGI: An employer of choice offering a global health and wellness program
Position Description:CGI is looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the team in Bloomfield, CT!
The candidate will play a technical role in an area responsible for building and providing direction for enterprise solutions and contributing to a technical infrastructure that leverages the client’s Data Strategy, Cloud Strategy, API & Services Oriented Architecture (SOA) strategy and and Data Integration Capabilities. The individual must have experience in Agile delivery methods and have strong analytical, technical, and communication skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities:Your future duties and responsibilities
- Full stack development including triage, design, coding and implementation
- Establish/Improve/Maintain Proactive monitoring and management of supported assets assuring performance, availability, security, and capacity
- Plan and implement procedures that focus on operational efficiency and automation through DevOps capabilities
- Maintains a strong and collaborative relationship with delivery partners and business stakeholders
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Understanding of Agile development methodology and concepts
- Strong knowledge of API Standards, Microservices Architecture and Cloud capabilities
- Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Experience in distributed systems
- Experience with RESTful APIs and SOAP services
- Experience with message formats such as JSON, XML
- Experience with packaging and integration technologies such as Spring Boot, Camel, etc.
- Experience with JVM based languages such as Java, Kotlin and Scala
- Experience with non-JVM based modern languages such as NodeJS, TypeScript, Golang (Desired)
- Expertise in working with CI/CD pipelines, automated testing and deployment strategies.
- Experience in building cloud native applications, knowledge on cloud providers and services such as Kubernetes, OpenShift, AWS, Azure, etc. (Desired)
- Experience in containerization technologies such as Docker, container orchestration engines such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm
- Experience in application patterns such as Circuit breakers, Throttling, Rate limiting and Service Discovery
- Knowledge on streaming architectures such as Kafka, data processing engines such as Spark, Kafka Streams (Desired)
- Ability to perform full stack development including triage, design, coding and implementation
Java/J2EE - 8+ years
Spring Boot - 3 years
RDMS and Scala - 4 years
Type Scripting, Node JS - 4 years
What you can expect from us:Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.