SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
PROCESS PLANNER (RAPTOR)As a Process Planner, you will give Foundry Technicians the instructions they need to process parts from 3D Printed Patterns to finished casting dimensional inspection. Grease the wheels of production for the entire foundry department, in a group effort to provide critical hardware for Raptor Engine Production.
- Create, revise and maintain planning documents to produce investment castings that conform to design and specifications
- Author and illustrate technician instructional content for work orders, for the processing and production of investment castings
- Revise and troubleshoot all aspects of process planning, as directed by engineering
- Review all aspects of planning documents and approve, as part of the larger approval process
- Maintain long-term authoring projects, while at the same time addressing a stream of real time planning requests
- Interact with shop personnel to ensure work instructions are accurate and comprehensible
- Interpret technical documents in regards to aerospace manufacturing, assemblies, database systems, and processes to create accurate planning
- Associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree
- Professional or internship experience in process planning or production operations
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- Process planning experience in castings, automotive or aviation industries
- Experience with reducing ambiguity in instructions through graphic illustration and annotation
- Capacity to read and understand technical drawings and blueprints
- Ability to work under deadlines and to deliver in the midst of changes in project direction
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX’s Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.