Front End Java Developer
Duties & accountabilities:
- Build dynamic web pages using servlets, java script and advanced Ajax techniques.
- Be pro-active and creative in answering business requirements with interactive UI designs
- Be able to maintain and support all areas of the application.
- Work with Business Analysts to develop product specifications
- Build robust client-facing Web applications (or extend features of existing ones) using industry standard design practices.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assist in ensuring defects and incidents are dealt with, and that any new versions of software are released in a controlled and timely manner
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline.
- Minimum 4 years of development experience.
- BackboneJS, ReactJS, DurandalJS- at least two)
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN.
- Good knowledge of Java and SQL
- Good to have J2EE experience
- Good in aptitude & problem solving
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proactive and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Displays energy, drive and stamina.
- Open minded, flexible and willing to adapt to changing situations.
- Comfortable working with global teams operating across different time zones.
- Focused on delivery.
- Must be an excellent communicator both written and verbally.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational, written and verbal skills
- Willingness to be flexible and adapt to project priorities and processes and ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with overseas team
- Full-time position, 40 hours/week, Undetermined period contract
- Flexible schedule
- New and modern office, easy to access (M Aurel Vlaicu), spacious desks, latest technologies/equipment
- Restaurant Tickets
- Private medical subscription
- Parking place
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.