Data Analyst, Dealer Network Development
Bracknell - Capitol Building | Essen - Theodor-Althoff-Str
Dealer Network Development (DND) studies help automotive manufacturers to optimize their sales and aftersales dealer networks, manage dealer performance and maximize market penetration.
Data Analysts support the creation of related analyses as part of DND studies, which may include regular services as well as ad-hoc projects. Data Analysts conduct those analyses independently or as part of an international team, supported by experienced consultants and colleagues. They are responsible for the delivery of the full service, from data collection and quality checking, to the analysis and creation of client reports.
As a Data Analyst you will:
- Support the delivery of bespoke client projects as part of IHS Markit’s Automotive Advisory Service Practice working for some of the world’s largest car manufacturers.
- Work on projects to help automotive manufacturers to optimize their dealer location footprint, market coverage and sales penetration.
- Work extensively with both structured and unstructured datasets: Perform ETL (Extract, Transform & Load) procedures, undertake market research & conduct data gathering tasks.
- Analyse and interpret a variety of data held in multiple relational databases to assist our Clients in understanding both current business performance (i.e. vehicle market share) and aid in their future decision making.
- Utilise mapping software and run SQL procedures to perform location planning analysis.
- Manage the preparation and analysis of automotive data (e.g. regional registrations, sales and vehicles in operation) and non-automotive data (e.g. demographic, retailer locations and geographic).
- Support the formal presentation of recommendations back to client stakeholders through the creation of maps outputs and development of custom reports.
- Provide insight into workflow documentation and improvements
- Become an expert in the future challenges facing automotive retailing and stay well informed of the latest industry trends.
As a Data Analyst, you will be expected to have:
- A degree in Applied Geography, Geomatics, Mathematics, Applied Statistics, Business Informatics, or similar.
- Experience using relational databases using SQL.
- Knowledge of GIS mapping software (ideally ESRI ArcMap).
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Excel, Powerpoint and Word.
- Strong analytical skills; a passion for data and uncovering insight.
- Effective time keeping & organisational skills.
- The ability to work independently & pro-actively in a global team.
- Fluency in German preferred. Strong English essential.
- Commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Independent learning and accountability.
- Experience in automotive would be beneficial, though not essential.
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.