SummaryThe position will provide support to IHS Markit Energy & Natural Resources (ENR) clients (financials, industry, suppliers) by assisting users who access IHS Markit ENR insight. The Customer Solutions Advisor delivers support to internal and external users of the Connect Platform solutions. The role combines Training, Support, Onboarding, Pre-sales/Renewals support, and feedto the product team. As a member of the ENR Customer Support organization, this colleague will work directly with customers to support workflows, deliver training and drive usage.
General Job Description:
- Promote and advance ENR modules on the Connect Platform to customers and internally among colleagues operating across Americas. Provide support through workflow-based presentations and mentoring. Source, create and own localized demos.
- Understand the particular needs, workflows and challenges of customers in America and provide feedon region-specific recommendations & requirements to the operations and product teams. Facilitate technical communication between internal stakeholders directing customer feedinto the operations team.
- Provide feedto the Operations Team on issues related to Marketing and external messaging. Participate in regional event planning, representing IHS Markit in regional events.
- Provide customer feedto Sales, Research, Product Management and Development teams to assist in the development of existing and new services.
- Monitor the competitor landscape in the Americas, providing feedback to the sales, product and support teams.
- Work closely with Sales and Marketing to develop proactive user promotions and client engagement initiatives.
- Work in collaboration with the rest of the team to create and maintain consistent, effective and up-to-date proactive user guides and videos to support the training provided.
- Support internal training programs and ensure regional and technical sales colleagues are aware of technological developments.
- Participate and aspire to the IHS Markit Customer Delight goals
Specific Job Duties:
- Become an expert user of Connect ENR modules. Understand and demonstrate workflows which integrate these products with the other parts of the Energy and Chemical Portfolios.
- Provide demos to customers, prospects, user groups and at industry events, deliver webinars as required and develop supporting workflow documents as appropriate.
- Respond to client questions in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date and update users about product enhancements and new developments on a regular basis.
- Deliver training courses and demos focused on the Connect ENR modules, tailoring these to the specific needs of the customer.
- Develop and record workflow demos for download from the IHS Markit website, which showcase IHS Markit Connect and ENR products.
Required Skills, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree (Economics, Business or Finance desirable) or equivalent experience
- Prefer 3+ years experience of working in or with the finance or Energy community, ideally with involvement in oil & gas projects.
- Strong analytical skills and a high level of proficiency with MS applications.
- A good understanding of investment activities such as portfolio management, research, investment consulting and risk management
- A good understanding of the oil and gas life cycle, oil and gas operations and economic evaluation.
- Willingness to learn and support other sectors, such as Natural Gas, Power and Renewables, and Chemicals.
- Strong technical support experience with ability to respond to tight deadlines demonstrating attention to detail.
- Technology background with ability to quickly learn and assimilate new products and communicate that knowledge to others.
- Familiarity with industry competitors and trends, their offerings, strengths and weaknesses, is an advantage.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a diverse and geographically dispersed team
- Willingness to travel and attend conferences, as needed
- First class presentation and software demo skills. Excellent Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills. Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities in a professional and timely manner
- Fluency in both English and Spanish. Any additional languages are a plus.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
Current ColleaguesIf you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.